buttons!

I've come to the decision that I have crafting issues. These issues involve my seeing so many awesome things on Etsy every day and not being able to stop myself from wanting to try making these things myself.

For instance, I blogged about a sock dog and now I am in the middle of making one. The Husband donated a pair of relatively unused black socks to the cause. I sewed up all the bits yesterday and now I have to get a bag of fill so I can stuff the little mongrel and put his arms and ears on. My God, it's so darn cute, even in pieces! The Husband practically giggles when I hold up the pieces and show him. He thinks it's hysterical. I'm already perusing online sock shops so I can make fancier ones and I'm not even done with this one! And, here's the kicker; I can't even really sew.

I KNOW!!

I wish I could sew. I have a machine that belonged to my mom, it's a Singer Featherweight. It looks just like this:



It's an antique or some such and doesn't do anything fancy (that I know of) but it does sew in a straight line. At least, if I knew how to use it, it would. The M in Law tried it out and couldn't believe how well it worked.

Wow. That was off on a tangent wasn't it. Here comes the actual point of my ramblings! Whilst in the middle of making my sock dog I realized I would need buttons for his eyes. Um. I don't have buttons because I don't sew! I figured I would just buy a couple of buttons at the craft store when I get the poly fill for it. That will do just fine for my first sock dog attempt. But, what happens when I get super cool socks? Surely plain buttons are just not going to cut it. So you know what happens next. :)

I found Button Bakery! Oh polymer clay how I love you and how you elude me so well!! Now as the name indicates, this shop is filled with nothing but really cool buttons. Michael also has another shop on Etsy called Mossy Owls, where she features polymer clay jewelry. I hope you'll check out that second shop; she has cupcake charms that are every bit as charming as you could possibly imagine! She is one talented girl with a serious clay vision! (Yes, I am now wanting to go out and purchase clay and go mad with it. My one foray into Sculpey turned out to be soccer balls and a broken pasta maker, which I would prefer to forget. *shudder*)

I bet you're completely ready for the eye candy. Here they be; in all their clay goodness:


Etsy: Your place to buy & sell all things handmade
ButtonBakery.etsy.com

I especially love the teal pair. They have a luminescence that makes them look like stone. Just lovely.

Now, if I've piqued your interest, you can also visit Michael on her blog, Mossy Owls, or on her other blog, Odds and Ends. Both blogs are well put together and are now on my reader so I can visit regularly. I hope you'll do the same.

Comments