monday on etsy - who? who!

I feel wiser today for my foray in sock animals over the weekend. I made a total of 4. You can view three of them at 17 Grandia, along with the top 10 things I learned while making them.

Being a bit wiser I thought, why not feature owls today? Owls it is! I found some amazing ones. I hope you'll love them as much as I do!

First is Bay Moon Studio. I purchased some scrabble tile pendants from Sue and she does a tremendous job. I just love the three I purchased, so here's a shout out for her and a wise old owl for you:



You know, I am wishing I had bought this one too! Ha! What else is new? ;)

The next owl is from BoyGirlParty who has an amazing store on Etsy and a fabulous website as well.

Susie Ghahremani graduated from the Rhode Island School of Design and I think her artwork is filled with an aura of childlike wonderment. Which, as it turns out, is exactly what she strives for. Freaky that I thought that and found that exact phrase in her profile! Really really! In fact, she describes it in the name of her shop as well. Here's a snippet about that:
"What's a "boygirlparty", you ask? It's the first party you go to as a kid that has boys and girls at the party, it's strange and new and exciting and full of childhood wonderment. It's also my pseudonym as I hope my artwork expresses those same sentiments!"
I love her owls, and in fact, everything in her shop! Oh for a million dollars...

In the spirit of children and as an extra left over from my toy making weekend, the third owl is a Lil' Hoot from Manic Muffin Totes.


Manic Muffin does all her quilting by hand, and if you can believe it, in 12 stitches per inch. I don't know about you, but I think that's a lot of tiny stitches! She must have eyes like a hawk to see them! The M-in-law quilts and I can tell you, that's seriously professional quality. Not to mention beautiful.

The last owl comes from Wyanne Thompson. She is a mixed media artist and jewelry designer. You can also visit her website or her blog. Or both! She has many fabulous things in her shop but this Funky Little Owl In A Tree Giclee print just captured me.



I love the colors and the delicate spirals the best. Wyanne has an amazing story and I hope you'll visit her shop and website and spend time getting to know her. She is having a summer contest as well, which you can read about in her shop profile. Wouldn't you love to win a custom original painting by Wyanne?! Go on now, run.. don't walk :)

Thanks for visiting with me today and checking out the owls I spied on Etsy. Have a great Monday!

Comments