monday on etsy

Oh the things you can find on Etsy when you pounce. Really. Some of the things I cannot believe someone even thought to make. Others are so delightful that I wish I could buy them all up.

Todays find is something in the second category. I saw it and wanted it immediately. However, it was not at all what I thought it was. What does it look like to you?


It looks like an amazingly delicious piece of chocolate chip pie, right? With delectable curls of chocolate on top and a nice thick chocolate (probably graham cracker?) crust, right?

Wait, let me show you another photo..





There, see? I missed saying there was coconut on top. Whew, I wouldn't want to miss that. I love coconut.

Now, the truth?

It's Soap. SOAP! At first my heart fell, but then.. hey! It's soap! How cool is that!!? This soap is made by Open Window Soap Works. Also known as The Sudstress, Kat makes the most amazing soap I've ever seen. Here is a basic list of the ingredients she uses:
Olive Oil, Unrefined Golden Cocoa Butter, Unrefined Fair Trade Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Palm Oil and Castor Oil.

She states:
"My original recipe is a wonderful balance of cleansing, moisturizing and lathering properties."

And, I believe her.

She does have soap that doesn't look like pie, and it is still beautiful and each bar looks like a work of art.

What I especially like about her soap is that each bar is an opportunity to pamper yourself. We all use soap.. all of us, every single day. Do most of us ever notice it, unless it's not there? Kat's soap is worth noticing, worth paying attention to, and worth taking a little extra time to slow down and be pampered. We deserve it. Visit Kat at Open Window Soap Works and pamper yourself by getting a bar or two!

Comments