saturday on etsy

Summer. Hot. Muggy. Humid. Y.U.C.K. I dislike the heat intensely. I love the imagery of summer (and long for it in January) but in actuality I much prefer fall. So I am longing for fall while sitting here drinking a cold lemonade. Do you sense a segue coming up? ;)

I love lemons. I always thought it was silly to call cars that didn't work lemons. Lemons are a good thing! And I have always believed that if life gave you lemons you should make lemonade. Duh! What else would you do with them? I believe my sentiment is echoed by Elena Diadenko-Hunter, evidenced by "I am Sorry About Lemons".



What is cool about this painting is that it's done on glass. What is super cool about it is that it's painted in reverse. Yes. Reverse! That does not even compute for me. This was painted backwards. *boggle* The colors are beautiful and cheerful and it reminds me of my sister and me.

Elena was born in the Ukraine and lives in the U.S. now. If you would like to know more about this super fabulous artist you can visit her website. Her Etsy shop has glass paintings and even prints . Be sure to check out the mermaids too. They are just as gorgeous as you imagine!

Comments