tuesday on etsy

Today is all about my hometown, New York. More properly, I am from Westchester county which is one hour north of New York City. The interesting thing about New York is that most people tend to forget there is an entire state looming over that 22 square mile piece of land. Go figure, it's only a technicality. ;)

So I searched New York on Etsy and I found three things that I wanted to share. There were some seriously bizarre things on there which made me kind of die a little bit inside. (I searched NY after all, I should have seen that coming.)

First up, Gallo Girl Photos, with Brooklyn Spring Blossoms:


I love Dogwood trees. Luckily they are also prevalent here in the south, so I do get to see them blooming still. Amazing isn't it that you could find this so close to the concrete jungle. Gallo Girl has fantastic photos from all over the city. It was hard to choose one, but I really do love the colors in this one. Check out her shop, there's something for everyone from this self-taught photographer!

Next up, an item from Hollee Costume Jewelry, the Coney Island charm bracelet.


Coney Island (watch your eyes if you click on that link, wow it's yellow!) is synonymous with New York and summer. This bracelet captures summer, sun, and fun! What a fantastic souvenir for anyone who has been to Coney Island or even wishes they could.

The third pick is from a shop called Chic Throws 2, and I'm cheating here a little bit. I found a throw that was a 70's New York throw, but the colors clashed with the other two items, so I am featuring Spring Fling instead. (Hey, it's my blog ya know!)


These throws are made in France from hand selected textiles, which are luxurious to say the least. Taking a page from Martha Stewart, Tricia Guild and Kelly Hoppen, Chic Throws 2 seeks to fill the niche for much desired well made and designed throw pillows.

That's it for me for today! Go visit the shops and share the love :)

Comments