monday on etsy - it's oh so sweet!

Yesterday I promised more shout outs for the very talented and creative people whose blogs I read. However, I found an Etsy seller that is just too fabulous that I didn't want her to share the spotlight. I'll return to the blog shout outs tomorrow. I hope you don't mind!

Betz White is a recent addition to my reader and I'm so glad I found her!! I'm blown away by how crazy talented she is!! She has been seen on the Martha Stewart Show. Yes, Martha Stewart!!

First check out these gorgeous creations!

Green, Pink and Lilac Pincushion:




Amazing, isn't it? It gets better with Cup O Joe!





So completely awesome that it's like you can't just have one. You must have at least two, maybe three! Because they look all the more gorgeous in groups. You don't even have to sew to own them. Yep they're pincushions but they don't have to be just pincushions. You can have them on a plate set out when company comes over. You can create a little vignette to catch the eye, you can use them in your kitchen to inspire, in your dining room as a centerpiece. See? You have to have more than one!


Now here's even more amazingness. (no, not really a word but this is my blog, so I get to do that. lol) Betz has a book, yes! a book!, where she shares 30 Sweet Felted Projects. Yep, 30 projects. What more could you ask for?!

Talk about eye candy:



Here's a description of the book, from Betz herself:

"Warm Fuzzies is filled with techniques, tips and patterns for creating over 30 cute and colorful felted items made from cast-away sweaters, including cozy pillows and throws as well as comfortable hats, scarves, pincushions and handbags.

The best thing about these projects is how easy they are to make...and there's no knitting involved! Simply throw old wool sweaters into the wash to make fabulous felted material, then cut the pieces apart and use them to make felted goodies. Start with the sweet Cupcake Pincushion--they're so easy, and super cute!"


If you purchase her book from Etsy she will autograph it for you! Go buy your copy right now and then come back. I can wait! :)

Now, tell me, how awesome is it that you can make these delicious bits of eye candy without knitting? I don't know about you but I, for one, am completely excited about that. I can't knit. At all. I can barely crochet. But these darling cupcakes don't require either talent and that's just aces with me.


So, where can you visit Betz White besides her Etsy shop? Well, let me tell ya!

You can check out her website, her blog, and the Warm Fuzzies Flickr group. Her blog features over a dozen tutorials from felting projects to making a cake stand from repurposed dishes!


Ok, just one more photo to take you out...





Hm. I don't know about you, I gotta go find some chocolate.


I hope you'll head on over and check out all the wonderfulness that is Betz White and share the love with her.

Comments