saturday on etsy we're payin' it forward

**Warning! Educational Content!!**

'Pay it forward' is a concept that started with Benjamin Franklin in 1784, was popularized by Robert Heinlein in 1951, and made it's way to me when I saw the movie in 2000.

Pay it forward or PIF, is now something you can find on Etsy! Items are sometimes priced at just the listing cost of .20, (or in some cases are regular but the monies go to charity) shipping is minimal or free, and you get the opportunity to PIF. Kinda cool, huh?

Today I'm going to check out the PIF going on at Etsy. If you want to check it out too, simply search 'PIF'!


First is Red Frosted Glass by Designs by Melody.




I love the fall color combinations in this bracelet and it has just the right touch of vintage for me.

The proceeds of this particular bracelet go to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. Melody has a blog where you can get to know a bit about her personally, or you can visit her website to learn more about her art and see what other goodies she has available. I'm in love with her hand painted tiles!




Next I found Kitty Purrito by Compass Rose.




How cute is this cat? I mean seriously! Did you hear that popping sound? That was my brain... exploding from cuteness. The sale price of this item goes directly to A Helping Paw Humane Society. Right on! Compass Rose Girl has a blog you can visit if you want to learn more about her.





Finally I found Feeling Frisky by Crafty Cartoons.





This particular listing isn't for charity, it's for you; just share the laughter! Crafty Cartoons has a blog where you can learn about what it's like to be the husband of a crafter.


There is a cousin to the PIF, which is RAK (random acts of kindness) but that particular search term didn't have as many results as PIF.

I hope you enjoyed today's departure.. you know I'm all about sharing the love and PIF is just one more way to do that. :)


Tune in tomorrow for the beginning of "Thirteen Days of Halloween"!

Comments