Here you can see I added a pom-pom that I found lying in the craft drawer to give it some dimension.
|Maybe I should have not left so much white space.|
I stitched the felt first and then sewed the felt to the fleece. I thought about a blanket stitch. Didn't do one though.
|I think next time I should plan ahead!|
I have stitched felt to fleece before and didn't run into any problems. This time however I noticed the fleece fuzz coming up through the stitches. I don't know if there was anything I could have done to prevent that. It isn't noticeable at a distance but up close I can see it and it bugs me. Maybe I need a less nappy fleece.
I've got a few other stitched things that I've finished in the past few days. Here's a bird I did up yesterday in a pinch.
|Nestled In The Branches|
I am in love with this fabric. So far my MIL has made me two throw pillows and a quilt for my wall. I even Macguyvere'd a slim curtain for the window in my hallway. I'm down to just scraps now. I did a few accent stitches on the bird, leaves, & branches and added a few french knots for depth. I also stitched the words "Blue skies, smiling at me..." but those will get picked out and redone.
Here's my first redwork piece. The pattern (which I found at Flickr) is called Robots in Spring by Sibling Craftery. There's much more to the pattern, I've only grabbed one robot. :)
|All Our Base Belong To Us|
I'm also working on another stitch book. Pics of that soon!