March Stitch Along with Feeling Stitchy

I'm so excited that Feeling Stitchy is doing another stitch along this month!  The pattern was provided by Tala, at Corvus Tristis and came along with a plain octopus and a sheet of letters so we could stitch whatever words we wanted.   Hmmm.


Last month I just whipped out the pattern and stitched away. This octopus required more thought. 



What the heck am I gonna do with you Mr. Octopus?


While I was pondering this stitchy cephalopod, I remembered some fabric scrappy bits my MIL gave me last week. I'm  not a big fan of Batik's as they go, but this one made me think of the ocean with kelp fronds. (Do kelp have fronds?) 

An Octopuses garden in the shade?

Yes, indeed! This could work! Even though the fabric is very busy, I think I might be able to make it so he stands out enough to be seen.  Though what octopus isn't a little shy anyway? ;)


Now we're talkin'!

I haven't decided what, if any, letters I might use.  Perhaps while I'm stitching him something will come to me. I'm open to suggestions though, so please feel free to leave comments.


Did you know that October 8th is Octopus Day? I guess this year I will be ready to celebrate. :o)

Comments