Project Linus Blanket Donation - post by TKN

How important is a blanket to a child?

I know I had a grungy ol' green blanket that I was quite attached to for the first few years of my life, and my daughter would absolutely flip if anything ever happened to her stretched, frayed, and in some places holey green afghan.

It is the Project Linus' mission to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”

My mom is a quiltin' fool, and she made a blanket that was unwanted or not needed by anyone in the immediate family, so she decided to make a donation to Project Linus in hopes it would make it to a child in Alabama who may have been displaced by tornadoes a few weeks ago.




For information about the charity and how to donate check out the Project Linus Website.
From what I discern they span across all 50 states and donations can be made to help children locally in places like shelters and hospitals. There is a complete chapter list, so it's easy to find locations where you can make donations. My mom dropped her blanket off at The Yarn Haven here in Knoxville.

If you're in the donating mood but you don't have a blanket to donate, are not a crafty person, or don't have time to make one, Project Linus takes cash donations - it may not seem like an inspired gift, but all charities need money to operate, so even a few dollars is very much appreciated!

Comments