EtsyNEAT August Challenge

The EtsyNEAT team has a challenge every month in which members create artwork based on a particular theme.  This month's theme was "natural history".

When I read that I first thought of fossils and dinosaurs which is a throwback to my visiting the Natural History museum in New York.  Luckily for me though, it was defined by Etsy as:
"Woodland forest themes and animals, namely birds, owls, squirrels, hedgehogs, chipmunks, bunnies, butterflies, feathers, nests, eggs, acorns, leaves, trees, branches, woodgrain, and natural colors"

Whew!  That's much easier. I didn't relish the idea of trying to embroider a trilobite.  I decided on something autumn-like.

The winner of the challenge (decided upon by the team members) gets to pick the theme for the next challenge.  A daunting task in my mind.  I was just happy to be able to participate. :)

Here is my entry:

Two Birds

Beads for musical notes

Celebrating fall

Beads for flowers too


I love trees and embroidering them. I hope to do more.  I'm thinking something pine-ish for winter this year. :)


If you love this design you'll be able to find the pattern in my Etsy shop later today!

♥

If you're stopping by from etsyNEAT feel free to link to your own challenge entry!

Comments

  1. Olá amiga! Como não se encantar com seus trabalhos? Belo! Abraços, Algecira
    http://alcastrosantos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá! Obrigado por acessar meu blog! Adorei visitar seu blog, esta manhã, obrigado pelo link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute- like all of your stuff! I love all of the little details, esp. the little music notes. Although I would have loved to see how you would have gone about embroidering a trilobite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Stephanie :) As for the trilobite, maybe some day! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

♥ i really love comments! ♥