Sick Stitching!

Loretta at  Stitching The Night Away prompts:

Eventually there comes a time when you’re not feeling well, whether it’s the flu or a cold or something else entirely. The question is, do you manage any stitching when you’re under the weather or does it just have to wait for better days?

A perfect topic for me to comment on.  Last week the nOob brought home a sinus infection. He went to the dr. straightaway and got himself a zpac and laid in bed for 2 days.  He then jumped up and went back to work and is feeling great.

Two days after that I came down with the sinus infection and I laid in bed for 2 days, went and got my zpac and then laid in bed for another 3.  There was no jumping up for me.  No sir. Instead I got so dizzy I couldn't walk straight, broke out in hives on my left hand, and have developed some manner of super dry-mouth that can only be described as a mouthful of sticky cotton.  Nice, huh?   Guess I'm allergic to zpac and will have to tough it out on my own.

During the first two days I was horizontal and didn't do any stitching at all. I didn't even think about stitching. With body aches and fever, I was really just grateful that there was a TV series on Netflix I hadn't already watched. (Enterprise, in case you're wondering.)  I have a love/hate relationship with Netflix and my Roku, but I'll save that for another day.

After the worst of the symptoms were over I was definitely needing to do something with my hands. Luckily I have several designs going at once  (both hand embroidery and cross stitch) so that I can choose something and get stitching rather quickly.  I didn't get as much done as I'd like but as I have no deadlines it didn't really matter.

So, to stitch or not to stitch when sick? If I can plant my sick ass in a chair, I say stitch! 

Oh, and one tip: If you feel a sneeze coming on, close your floss box.

 And now, a fish.

Fish Doodle - watercolor and Sakura micron on watercolor paper.

Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.