Out of the workshop...

..and into the store!


New items have gone up on both Luna Arcana and Luna Arcana Too! So check out new spring jewelry and supplies. More to come as I crawl out of the workshop. :)


In other news, with the onset of spring we have gussied up our deck with plants and bird feeders . My daughter loves to watch the birds that come to the feeders, so I decided that we should keep a birding journal together. Instead of buying a notebook, I brought my search for just the right book to Etsy and was not disappointed in what I found...the perfect journal! Check it!




This gorgeous re-purposed journal was made by Secretary Mouse. Here's a look at the inside before I got my hands on it:





and now after I started personalizing it:





The inside of the book contains two good-sized envelopes which will be perfect for keeping feathers or drawings, or completed monthly pages. In the above photo I've just added some flair to the front of it.

See that beautiful piece of ribbon? That was what my journal came wrapped in!! Being that it was a perfect match for for this book I turned it into a bookmark and added a super cool pendant that I got from Anomalous Bits back in October.

Here's a pic of one of the pages:





Here you can see that some of the pages of the original birding book were placed inside. I cannot even tell you how much in love I am with this journal. Reina did such a fantastic job of not only figuring out which of the original book pages to keep, she added scrapbook paper that compliments the book amazingly well! And I will also mention there are awesome map pages too. This book will wind up being a family heirloom that I can pass on to my daughter. Each of the pages I have added are removable and fit perfectly inside the envelopes. So she will be able to continue using this book for many years to come.


Huge thanks to Reina at Secretary Mouse for her insight and creativity... I cannot imagine I would have ever found anything more perfect. Check out her shop!


Oh, and here's a photo of the corner of our deck taken on a rainy day this past week.




We are providing quite the buffet for the birds!

Comments